Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Djokovic to clinch that
10.12.2018, 03:13,
Сердце  Djokovic to clinch that
(SportsNetwork.com) - The Winnipeg Jets will try to continue their success under new head coach Paul Maurice when they visit the struggling Washington Capitals for Thursdays meeting at Verizon Center. You catch all of the action live on TSN Jets at 6pm ct. The Jets boast a 9-2-0 record since Maurice took over behind the bench for the fired Claude Noel in mid-January. The club has won its last three games and Winnipeg can post its second four-game winning streak of the Maurice era with another victory tonight. The surge has helped move Winnipeg within two points of a playoff spot in the West. Washington, meanwhile, has damaged its playoff chances in recent weeks, although it does enter Thursdays tilt only three points out of a postseason spot in the East. The Capitals have lost three of their last four games and are just 3-7-3 over their past 13 outings. The Caps, who until this season were in the same division as the Atlanta/Winnipeg franchise, have won five straight in this series against their former Southeast Division rivals. That run includes a 5-4 shootout win in Winnipeg on Oct. 22 when Alex Ovechkin recorded two goals and an assist for Washington. The Jets had a three-game winning streak in D.C. snapped when the Capitals posted a 5-3 home win on April 23 of last season. Ovechkin had one goal and an assist in that victory and the Russian sniper has amassed 81 points (40 goals, 41 assists) in 54 career games against the Thrashers/Jets. Winnipeg has won all three of its games during its current winning streak by one-goal margins and each of the victories came in regulation. The Jets picked up their second straight win by a 2-1 score Tuesday in Carolina, as Chris Thorburn scored the winner with 1:03 to play to down the Hurricanes. The winning goal came as Jacob Trouba skated behind the net and came around the left side in an attempt on a wraparound. It missed the goaltender, but came to the right side and Thorburn slammed it in with 63 seconds left. Andrew Ladd had the other goal and Ondrej Pavelec stopped 28 shots for the win. "It wasnt our best game because I dont think we played to our strengths," said Maurice. "But the structure was deep and our defense was good so thats what pulled us through." The Jets have won the first two games of a four-game swing to improve their road record to 14-14-1. Winnipeg will close the trip this Saturday in St. Louis on the final day of NHL action before the league goes on hiatus for the Winter Olympics. The Capitals were shut out 1-0 in their last outing, as they dropped a home decision to the New York Islanders. Andrew MacDonald scored the only goal of the game early in the third period to account for the decisive goal. Michal Neuvirth made 27 saves for the Capitals, who went 0-for-6 on the power play in the loss. "Every point right now is big," said Washington forward Martin Erat. "It doesnt matter if you are playing the Islanders or if you are playing Boston. You have to play the same way all the time, and we have to get the points from every single game." Washington is 1-1-0 on a four-game homestand that will carry the club into the Olympic break. The residency ends with Saturdays tilt against the New Jersey Devils, who are currently tied with the Caps in the East standings. The Capitals. who are 15-10-4 as the host this season, will play Thursday without defenseman Mike Green (concussion) and forwards Mikhail Grabovski (sprained ankle) and Aaron Volpatti (upper body). Authentic Martin Jones Jersey . -- Atlanta Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson is being checked for a possible concussion after blowing a tire on his way to the first workout of spring training. Authentic Marcus Sorensen Jersey . -- Canadian ski cross star Marielle Thompson accomplished two goals in one race Saturday. http://www.cheapsharksjerseysauthentic.com/. "We were left with the overall impression that the team wasnt trending toward being able to compete for a Stanley Cup," Capitals owner Ted Leonsis said in a news conference at the clubs arena. "And that was just a clear signal and why it was time to make those changes. San Jose Sharks Winter Classic Jerseys . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November. Authentic Justin Braun Jersey .com) - Carmelo Anthony tallied 31 points to help the New York Knicks continue their improved play of late with a 100-92 victory over a short-handed Oklahoma City Thunder squad.MELBOURNE, Australia - Andy Murray now has another burden to bear, and its not in Britain.The 27-year-old Scottish player earned the dubious distinction Sunday of becoming the only man in the Open Era to lose the Australian Open final four times.For years, Murray lived under the pressure of intense expectations in Britain until he finally won Wimbledon in 2013 and ended a 77-year drought for British men. He had to beat Novak Djokovic to clinch that title.Djokovic is now making Murrays life very difficult in Australia.On Sunday, the No. 1-ranked Djokovic beat Murray 7-6 (5), 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-0 to win his fifth Australian Open title and once again relegated Murray to the role of runner-up. Murray lost twice before to Djokovic at Melbourne Park in 2011 and 2013, and to Roger Federer in 2010.Murray stood stone-faced at the trophy ceremony beside an exuberant Djokovic inside Rod Laver Arena, with the 76-year-old Rod Laver himself sitting in the stands, and again hoisted the runner-ups silver plate.Ill try and come back next year and hopefully have a slightly different outcome in the final, Murray told the crowd, which had spent much of the match jumping to its feet and exploding in cheers at the end of intensely athletic rallies.On a bright note for Murray, who entered the tournament ranked sixth, he will return to the No. 4 ranking and rejoin the so-called Big Four of mens tennis alongside Djokovic, No. 2 Roger Federer and No. 3 Rafael Nadal.His performance showed that he is in excellent physical shape, as was Djokovic — most of the time.The reason I lost the match was not a physical thing, Murray said.At times in the first half of the match, Djokovic stumbled on the court and appearedd to be limping.dddddddddddd He also received treatment on his right thumb. In the third set, Djokovic appeared to be cramping, Murray said.The third set was frustrating because I got a bit distracted when he, like fell on the ground after a couple of shots, Murray said.After struggling with apparent injury, Djokovic came back to win 12 of the last 13 games.He was moving unbelievable at the end of the third set, sliding and chasing everything down, Murray said. If someone is cramping in the final of a Slam, with such a long way to go, youre feeling pretty good about yourself. Maybe I dropped off for 10, 15 minutes there, and he got back into it.At Murrays post-match news conference, he was repeatedly asked if he thought his opponents stumbling was a deliberate tactic.I dont know, Murray paused. I dont know... I would hope that wouldnt be the case.Djokovic later said he wasnt cramping but went through a roughly 20-minute crisis after too many long, exhausting rallies.I was just weak. I went through a physical crisis, Djokovic said, finding himself on the defensive after winning his fifth Australian Open title.Djokovic shrugged when asked about Murrays loss of focus. In a match like this a lot of emotions go through, a lot of tension. Its not easy to keep the concentration 100 per cent all the way through.Despite the loss, Murray said he felt upbeat about his physical condition and a new level of confidence and calm during matches.Obviously I would have liked to have won today, but you cant win all of them, unfortunately, Murray said. Novak has won five times here now. Theres no disgrace obviously in losing to him. So yeah, a lot of positives for me to take from it. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Переход: